The team at Bross & Frankel is pleased to announce the 2020 Bross & Frankel Disability Scholarship. This $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to a student with a disability who will be attending a university, college, or community college in the fall of 2020.
Our law firm represents clients with disabilities throughout New Jersey and Pennsylvania. In our practice, we assist clients in obtaining Social Security disability benefits, long-term disability benefits, veterans benefits, workers’ compensation, and more. Through our work, we have come to understand the challenges that are often associated with having a disability. Financial support can make a significant difference in the life of a student with a disability.
To qualify for the scholarships, applicants must complete a scholarship application form, and submit a one to three (1 to 3) page typed essay about their experiences as a student with a disability, or about how they have overcome obstacles associated with their disability.
The 2020 Bross & Frankel Disability Scholarship will be in the amount of $1,000. This amount is to be used exclusively for tuition, class fees, or other educational expenses.
A check for the full amount ($1,000) will be made payable to the award recipient’s college or university. The recipient of the award is expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations. Any taxes on the scholarship award are the sole responsibility of the recipient.
Applicants for the scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- Recipient must be a current freshman or sophomore undergraduate student at a university, college, or community college, or a high school senior who has accepted admission and will be attending a university, college, or community college in the fall of 2020;
- Academic achievement as reflected by a cumulative 3.0 GPA or better; and
- Applicant must have a mental or physical impairment that substantially limits life activity.
Instructions for Submitting Your Scholarship Application
There are a few steps you must take for your application to be received and considered by our office. Applicants must submit the following by June 30, 2020, to email@example.com:
- A completed Scholarship Application Form
- One to three (1-3) page typed essay on one of the following topics:
- Your experiences as a student with a disability, and what you’ve done to overcome obstacles.
- How your experience impacted you as a person and/or your pursuit of higher education;
- How your experiences have impacted your education plans;
- What you learned from your experiences about the needs in your school system to better assist students with disabilities
- An official and complete copy of high school or college transcript
- An acceptance letter from an accredited college or other educational institution (if currently a high school Senior)
All application materials must be submitted in PDF format via e-mail.
Terms and Conditions
The selection committee at Bross & Frankel will choose the winner of the scholarship in July 2020. The decision of the committee is final. The recipient’s name may be announced via digital and print media. We may also use the names of applicants and essay submissions (whole or in part) for promotional purposes.
Questions or Comments
If you have any questions about the 2020 Bross & Frankel Disability Scholarship, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We request that you do not call our office with questions about the scholarship.
We are committed to an equal opportunity for every eligible applicant. Our decision will in no way be influenced by gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, or age.
About Bross & Frankel
Since 1995, Bross & Frankel has advocated for clients in both New Jersey and Pennsylvania as they seek disability benefits. We represent individuals in Social Security disability benefits, long-term disability benefits, veterans’ benefits, workers’ compensation, and personal injury claims. We also handle matters related to employment discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wrongful termination.
With decades of combined experience, our team of legal professionals is well-equipped to handle the most complex disability benefits cases. To learn more or to schedule a free initial claim review, call us at 856-795-8880, or contact us online at any time.